Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Breathing Deep!

Good morning! I didn't get a chance to write yesterday. Tuesday afternoon, my fridge decided to die! (Big, deep sigh). My husband, David, didn't get a chance to look at it until Tuesday night...what a mess we had! It was around 6:30-7:00 pm when he decided that some relay-power switch thingy was bad. So, he called a few local places before finding a man that actually had the part. Unfortunately, after all that running around, he got the part on and it did not work. (David was taking a deep sigh at this point). Apparently, there were several things wrong with my poor fridge. So, at about 9 pm, my hubby decided we'd go by another fridge on Wednesday. In the process of pushing the old fridge back in place, the water line got pinched and...yep, the floor got a badly needed mopping. God bless David's heart! He was so patient. When we finally got in the bed, it was very late. He had to be up very early for work. I felt so bad for him because there wasn't much I could do to help him, but I was there for moral support!

Thankfully, I did get a new fridge. I prayed that we would find a decent fridge at a reasonable price. And, guess what? We got a floor model at a ten percent discount! Isn't God amazing? He does care about all the things in our lives. He teaches me new lessons every day! By the way, the patience breathing that I wrote about on Monday works for broken refrigerators, too! Funny, if I just take a deep breath, step back from the situation, and pray my problems don't seem nearly as dire. God is so awesome. I'm so glad that He inspires people to write books that I need to read! Does God speak to you in odd ways? Seems that I'm hearing Him speak to me in everything these days. He is so good to me!

My new fridge is so white and clean! There should pictures here of my old and new fridge.



I know that has to be so interesting to you. Not really. However, I see a lesson in these appliances. As you can see, my old fridge is covered in my children's drawings, magnets, schedules, pictures, well, pretty much anything and everything including dirty hand prints and jelly. (Never said I was a great housekeeper!) I don't know if you're like me, but its a rare occasion when I actually take the time to scrub the refrigerator. I always have so many other things screaming for my attention! Oh, but then, there's the new fridge. All sparkling clean and gleaming white! Those appliances could be a metaphor for my heart. My old heart was covered in the "this and that" of life...a smear here, a spot there. Then I met Jesus. He washed all my sins away and keeps on washing! Sometimes, even now, there are days I feel I'm buried beneath a load of garbage I never take the time to throw away. There's no need to carry that load. When my heart gets heavy, I can take it to Jesus, confess it, and He'll throw it away. No matter the circumstance, no matter the sin, He still loves me and He will forgive me. How great is our God!

Yes, I like having a sparkling clean refrigerator. However, having a Jesus-cleaned, sparkling heart is way better! Thank you, Lord!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old
things are passed away; behold, all things have become new.

--2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV


No comments: