Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Deep Thinking

I've been reading Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts.   It's good stuff.  I mean thought provoking, heart searching, mind-boggling stuff.  

I read this passage just a few moments ago and had an 'aha' moment.  

"They say time is money, but that's not true.  Time is life.  And if I want the fullest life, I need to find fullest time.  I wipe a water spot off the tap; there is a reflection of me.  Oh yes, I know you, the busyness of your life leaving little room for the source of your life.  I'm the face grieving.
God gives us time.  And who has time for God?
Which makes no sense.
In Christ, don't we have everlasting existence? Don't Christians have all the time in eternity, life everlasting? If Christians run out of time -- wouldn't we lose our very own existence? If anyone should have time, isn't it the Christ-followers?"

I read this and I have a very real realization...I'm already living my eternity.  The day I accepted Christ I began to live my eternity.  My fate was sealed.  My destiny sure.  I have no worries.  Sure someday, I'll fall asleep in this life and wake up with Jesus face-to-face, but for now, I'm living eternity...because I'll never die.  My time never runs out.  My body will wear out and my skin will wrinkle, but He's already here.  Walking with me, holding my  hand...He's already here and I've been living like my future was yet to be. I'm already living my eternity with Jesus. 

My body relaxes as if I'm sinking into a warm bath, expelling a great sigh of relief.  A weight is lifted from my soul.  I'm not in a hurry.

I still look forward to my great homecoming...to be settled in at the feet of my Savior, when my eyes will see Him that my heart longs for now.  But today, He has filled my heart with overwhelming joy...because I do see His gift.  Eternity. And I'm already living it.

:) Becky

No comments: