Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Every Morning


This morning I was thinking back over all the ups and downs my life has taken. I've made a quite a few mistakes and been given a few victories. I just have to tell you...I'm just happy to be where I am today. I was thinking about my blog this morning and pondering why I chose Every Day, A New Beginning for the title. The verse above is one of my favorite verses. As I was going over my history... things I shouldn't have done, things I shouldn't have said, things I should have done, things I should have said...I have to tell you I'm so thankful for a merciful Father.


Every day is truly a new beginning. It doesn't matter what we did yesterday. Ask forgiveness for yesterday and move on to the present. God makes me new every morning. That's a choice we all have. I want to start afresh every day. Just like every day is different, I can be different every day. I don't have to stay in yesterday. Okay, so yesterday, I was horrible. I feel bad for acting that way, or thinking that way, or saying that...or whatever my yesterday held. I can always take it to Jesus. Lay my faults and my sins all out on the table. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins (1 John 1:9). He is faithful,
every time, always faithful. Doesn't that just do something to your spirit? I think my heart may just be singing today.


Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;

Great is Your faithfulness.

"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I hope in Him!"

--Lamentations 3:22-24 NKJV

God's mercies never fail. His compassion never fails. He loves me unconditionally. Every day, all the time, He is faithful.

:) Becky


2 comments:

Truly Blessed Grandmother said...

Ain't God good!!!!

Sunshine-Girl said...

Brava Encore Mommy!I love you and your blog is great...God's Good!!