Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fall In Love Again

While I was going about my usual routine today, I heard a song that was played at my wedding...Long As I Live by John Michael Montgomery.  I have to tell you I felt a  sentimental tug on my heart.  Oh, the days before kids and a mortgage, how fast they slipped away.  How busy we've been raising children and making ends meet. But, I remember the man I married, and I love him still.  I love him even more for the man he is now.  Maybe it's time I told him.

When is the last time you took the time to admire your husband? It is so easy to just give a quick peck and nod, and get back to the cleaning, the kids, the laundry, or any of the other countless tasks we do as mothers and wives.  When is the last time you looked at your husband and thought about the man you married?  To remember the butterflies, the anticipation of seeing his face.  How long has it been since you appreciated your husband for what he does for you and your family?  How long has it been since you actually told your husband how much he means to you or how much you enjoy his company?  Or how long has it been since you said thank you?  Thank you for being there for me and loving me when I feel unlovable.

Maybe it's time to fall in love again...take those old memories, go over them one by one, and remember why you fell in love. Slow dance with your husband to a song that means something to both of you.  Today is the day to say all the things you feel about him.  Today it's time to let him know how important he is to you.  After all, we aren't promised tomorrow.  All we get are the briefest of moments to let someone know how much we love them.  Take advantage of those moments today and fall in love again.

Now if you'll excuse me, I got a man I need to see.  ;)


:) Becky

5 comments:

Lori Kenny said...

Absoultely beautiful! You have a new fan! I am hoping to have time this evening to go back and read all of your blogs.
God bless you :)

Becky said...

Aww, thanks so much Lori! I love hearing from folks who actually READ this blog. I hope you are blessed by what you read. God has been so good to me and I love to tell others about Him. Come back soon! May God richly bless you!

:) Becky

Truly Blessed Grandmother said...

Thanks so much for being you!! I am always amazed at you insight and caring ways. You are a good Mom, but just like the rest of us you too are completly human, so we make mistakes. Isn't it wonderful that when we admit those mistakes God is there waiting to forgive us and help us be better servants. We do serve an AWESOME GOD!!!!! Love you bunches!!

Truly Blessed Grandmother said...

Thanks so much for being you!! I am always amazed at you insight and caring ways. You are a good Mom, but just like the rest of us you too are completly human, so we make mistakes. Isn't it wonderful that when we admit those mistakes God is there waiting to forgive us and help us be better servants. We do serve an AWESOME GOD!!!!! Love you bunches!!

Becky said...

Thank you, Mama. I love you!

:)Becky