Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Enjoying the Son-shine

Hi all! I really didn't know what to talk about today. I got outside with Zack this morning. We really enjoy the sunshine. In the midst of praying and playing, a memory came to me. Several years ago, as I was standing at the sink, doing the dishes, I felt God speak to me. Yes, He seems to speak to me even in the most monotonous of chores. Like most homes, we had a window over the sink. It was a beautiful day, much like this day, a little cool, but with gorgeous clear blue skies. I was doing the dishes and out back there was a big oak tree that partially blocked the sunshine from coming in the window. I don't really recall what I was pondering on, most likely what my place was in this world, seems I'm still working on that one. I remember a wonderful warmth feeling me, and I heard God say step around the corner. Step around the corner? "Lord," I thought, "what do you mean step around the corner? I'm standing at my kitchen sink." But, I did take a step to the side, just a little step, so I could see around the corner of the window. Then, the most wonderful burst of sunshine landed on my face and I felt such joy. In that moment, it felt as if God gave me a heavenly hug and I'm sure I heard Him say, "You can trust Me," in the way only God can. What a blessing the sunshine was to me that day!

I wonder how many times God has told me to step around the corner in the years since. Some days I choose to trust Him. Then other days, it isn't so easy for me. On those days I just stay planted in the mundane, refusing the blessings. God can speak to us in the smallest ways and we are so busy we don't hear Him. How often do we stop to enjoy the sunshine? Have you ever stopped to feel the breeze on your face? How often does God reach out to us and we just don't see it? Perhaps, He is speaking to you today. It could be in the sunshine. Possibly, its in the breeze that gently sweeps your hair back from your face...maybe in the rain that falls from the sky, or the rainbow that gloriously appears after. God is reaching out to us through all of His creation. He wants to speak peace to our hearts. I challenge you to take a moment in the days to come to stop, look, and listen. Enjoy the Son-shine! God may just be trying to speak to your heart! God is so Good! Wow!

Thus says the Lord, Who gives the sun for a light by day, The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night, Who disturbs the sea, And its waves roar (The Lord of hosts is His name) -- Jeremiah 31:35 NKJV


Your Love is Extravagant

[via FoxyTunes / Casting Crowns]

No comments: