Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Every Teardrop

There seems to be so much sickness running rampant in our community. I sometimes have to get on my knees and ask God, "why?" There is always something we can't control. There is always a situation where we feel helpless. We see others hurt and we just can't comprehend God's logic. However, I've come to the conclusion that our God knows better than I do. He sees all and hears all. He knows what tomorrow will bring for each of us. He has a plan, though we don't always get to glimpse it up front. I believe He forgives our unbelief and sustains us through all the trials we bear. I may not know how my story will unfold, but with Jesus on my side, I do know how it will end. He is my Hope and my future. I pray for each of you reading this that you will grasp the hand of Jesus and claim His promises for today, tomorrow, and forever. I pray that you rest confidently and peacefully in His arms knowing He is in control. I love you! God is so good and so faithful!

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. -- Romans 8:38-39 NKJV

He will swallow up death forever, And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces; The rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth; For the Lord has spoken. And it will be said in that day: "Behold this is our God; We have waited for Him and He will save us. This is the Lord; We have waited for Him; We will be glad and rejoice in His salvation." -- Isaiah 25:8-9 NKJV

He Gathers Every Teardrop

Regardless of the circumstance,
Regardless of the ear,
Regardless of the pain we bear,
Regardless of the tear,
Our God is ever in control,
Performing as He should,
And He has promised in His Word
To work things for our good.


But as a loving Father would,
He sometimes lets us cry
To cleanse the hurt out of our heart,
To wash it from our eye.
Yet gently He gathers the tears
Within His hands to stay
Until He turns them into pearls
And gives them back someday.

(Glenda Fulton Davis)


No comments: