Thursday, March 31, 2011

Made for More {Repost}

{Originally posted June 9, 2009}

I wonder if Joseph always knew he was made for more. When his brothers dropped him in the pit, I wonder if he knew he was made for more than pit-dwelling. When his brothers sold him to the Ishmaelites, I wonder if he knew He was made for more than slavery. When he became the overseer of his master's home, I wonder if he knew he was made for more than seeing over another's property. I wonder if he knew he was made for more. When he was cast into prison because of a lie, did he ponder his purpose? I wonder if he knew the Lord was with him during the good times and during the bad. I wonder if he could see the Lord's hand in all that transpired. I wonder if he knew he had a purpose so complex that he couldn't grasp it while going through his trials. I wonder.

I wonder if you know you are made for more...more than this world has to offer. I wonder if you know that you are made for more than living in the shadows. I wonder if you know you are made to live in the Light. I wonder if you know that you were created for a purpose...a purpose that is yours alone. I wonder if you realize how complex the mysteries of God are and if you realize He's working this all for your good, for your purpose, for the glory of God. I wonder if you know He loves you. I wonder...

:) Becky

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Yes, I know. :)

Blessings~