Monday, March 2, 2009

The Weekend Is Over, Already?


Good morning! Can you believe it's Monday already? Where does the time go? The kids were really hoping for a snow day. Unfortunately, it was not to be. Seems like every time we get excited about the prospect of snow, we are disappointed. We received a dusting that was gone in a couple of hours. (Sigh) Needless to say, we were all crestfallen, especially the kids.

As you can see in my photos, the plants in the yard received a nice sprinkling. Not all them were happy about it. My poor daffodils were unhappy. No wonder, they had only popped open last week. Poor things.


Regardless, we had a really nice weekend. My dear, sweet parents had the kids overnight (Saturday to Sunday). God bless them! This was a welcome reprieve for David and I. Those who are parents will understand the true blessing it is to be with your spouse without interruptions. We literally had a conversation that wasn't all about the kids. Can you believe it? We had a great time. We actually had an entire meal where no one spilled anything. There was no whining or crying. (Except maybe when the meal was over...it was delicious!) And, no one spit up on me or used me for a human napkin. It was fantastic!

Now, here is where I have to admit, I missed the little buggers. It is so funny that I can sleep like
a baby when the kids are home (umm, that's when the actual baby sleeps, of course). When they are away, I'm restless. I guess it's a Mom-thing. I'm sure you mothers can relate. The old saying, "Having children is like having your heart walk around outside of your body," is so true.

Today is a new day...which I'm sure will bring challenges of its own. But for now, I'm going to bask in the glow of a great weekend with a fabulous husband and beautiful kids. God is truly found in the everyday blessings that we sometimes forget to count. Take time, today and everyday, to appreciate your everyday miracles. You may find you have more to be thankful for than you realized. God is so good!

Oh, and here's a pic of the kids from this morning before school. No, they don't normally wear hats to school (it's against the rules). However, today is Hat Day, in honor of Dr. Seuss. Don't you just love those books? I never tire of reading them to the kids. Read a Dr. Seuss book to a child today!


Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. -- Psalm 103:5 NKJV

1 comment:

Wendy Blight said...

Becky,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet note of encouragement.

Here in Charlotte, we did have a snow day. My kids have been going non-stop. I did enjoy a great lunch with my son...just the two of us, burger and fries. It was so fun!!

I love the picture of your kids. I miss mine being that young. Treasure your time because they grow up so fast!!

Blessings,

Wendy