Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Am Overwhelmed

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



I can't turn the tv on without seeing the images of Haiti. I can't turn away. I have an ache in my being for those children who sit by the road, whose parents have not been found. My heart is overwhelmed. This mama's heart is stirred hearing the cries of the children. I can't turn away. So, I'm continually praying for the people of Haiti. I know at this moment, there is nothing I can do, physically. But, I can pray. I have to pray. I can't turn away.

I pray for those babies, for the mothers and fathers, for the husbands and wives, for the sons and daughters. I can't be there and hold them, but God can. I can't give them my arms, but God can. I can't whisper hope to them, but God can. I can't give them peace in the midst of chaos, but God can. I will pray. I have to pray. I can't turn away.

Becky

2 comments:

Barbara said...

These are sights and sounds we will long remember. We must all pray for them. It's good to see you posting again!

Bailey said...

good job mama