Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Worry Free

Don't we all want to be worry free? I want to have all my needs met without hardship, and without sacrifice. It seems like lately all I do is worry. For those of you who don't know, I am 7 months pregnant and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. My husband and I already have two beautiful healthy children and this little one was a bit of a surprise. This is the only pregnancy in which I have had gestational diabetes. So, well, I worry. Then both of my other children will be going to school this year. For my son, this will be his first year and let's just say he is all boy. And, I worry. Then for my daughter who will be in fourth grade, this will all be old news. Yet, I worry. Of course, then there's the money worry. How can we afford to have two kids in school, have a baby, eat, pay our bills, save for college, and still stay sane? And, so I worry. I've gotten to the point that I question all my decisions leading up to this day and what God has planned for me. Crazy, isn't it?

You see worry is a powerful tool for the devil. He wants me to believe that God isn't big enough to handle all my problems. He wants me to doubt the authority God has over everything. He wants to break my confidence and trust in the Lord. He wants to make me useless for God's kingdom. The devil wants me to get so caught up in worrying that I forget to get on my knees and pray. In the face of all that's happening today, higher fuel prices, higher grocery prices, and higher cost of living, it is so easy to get caught up in the worry circle and forget Who holds me in His hand.


Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? -- Matthew 6:25-27
NKJV

"Therefore, do no worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall
we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these the Gentiles
seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these
things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness,
and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry
about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.
Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. -- Matthew 6:31-34 NKJV


So, I shouldn't worry. I need to seek the kingdom of God by praying. I need to trust that God knows what my family and I need. There are no surprises for Him. He isn't caught off guard by a problem. He knows what the future holds. He knows that the kids need school supplies and new shoes. He knows that gas is expensive and that my husband has to work. He knows that this sweet baby needs nourishment and how to give it to her. He knows. The problem is I know, but in times of need, I forget He loves me and has my best interest in mind. I forget that He's molding me and making me wiser. So, if you are like me, and are stuck in the worry circle, let it go. Remember Who holds tomorrow, Who clothes us, feeds us, and sustains us everyday, whether we realize it or not. The Lord has given us everything we have. We didn't earn one crumb of it. Why wouldn't He continue to provide? He values us above all things. He sent His son to die for us. He doesn't have anything more to prove.

Let's encourage one another to be all that God created us to be and to stop worrying about things we have no control over. Life is hard, but God is so good and so faithful!

1 comment:

Keri said...

I received a link to your blog from an email with a youtube link in it from my pastor's wife. Long story - short... God sent your words straight to my heart this morning. Thank you for writing from your heart. God used your words to remind me (AGAIN!!!) that we are in His hands and that's cool. Being there - being AWARE that I'm there - is a wonderful feeling. I don't want to be anywhere else.

Blessings!