Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Speaking Up

Let me start by apologizing for not posting in such a long time. Our family has gone through so much in the past month. Praise God that He shelters us during the storms of life. I ask that you all continue to pray for our family. If any of you have any prayer requests, please don't hesitate to make them known. I will be posting a new list for prayer requests, so if you have anyone or anything you would like for others to pray for, just drop me a note. Its nice to know people are praying, when we can't seem to pray for ourselves.

I'm thankful for my God, who understands me when I really don't understand myself. I know most of you don't know what has been happening lately within my family and its really not my story to tell, but I'm thankful for the person to whom the story belongs. I can only tell what I have learned from it.

I am not a very in-your-face kind of gal. I like things peaceful and calm. I don't like conflict or confrontations. I've always been more of a people pleaser. However, I'm seeing changes in my personality. The older I get the more I realize that some things are just trivial. I tend not to beat around the bush anymore. There's no sense in it. There's no use denying the truth. The older I get the more comfortable I am in my skin. I've realized that not everyone has to like me, but I have to like myself. I've learned that sometimes not speaking up is as bad as speaking hurtful words. If I don't speak up, it may hurt someone. God gave me a voice. Its time I learned to use it.

I guess we've all known someone who was having a hard time, and we chose not to acknowledge it openly. I assume they will be able to handle it in their own way. It is their business. I shouldn't put my nose where it doesn't belong. Well, I've learned that sometimes that's a really bad idea. Some situations require that we speak up. Not just speak up, but speak the truth. I have always had a problem finding the right words to say, especially to people who are going through a difficult situation. I don't always know the right things to say, but I do know that most people just want to know you care, that you see them, and know they are struggling. In this, I have failed miserably and I am very sorry.

I'm reminded of a song by Casting Crowns, "Love Them Like Jesus." The lyrics read:

Just love them like Jesus, carry them to Him
His yoke is easy, His burden is light
You don't need the answers to all of life's questions
Just know that He loves them and stay by their side
Love them like Jesus


I haven't really been loving others as Jesus does. He never turns away from someone because He thinks it is none of His business. He addresses the situation and reminds us that He is here, right by our side. I pray that I will be more like Jesus, that I will not be afraid to stand up for the Truth. I pray that God will allow me to speak Truth into all lives I touch, everyday, for the rest of my life. I am not perfect, but praises to God, He's not leaving me this way. Everyday I'm learning. Everyday is truly a new beginning.

God is so good and so faithful!

Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus...Phillipians 2:4-5 NKJV


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always known that you had a special relationship with the Lord, one that maybe I haven't always understood. I beleive with all my heart that God is using you thru this to touch others lives. I have come to the understanding that God doesn't always use us just inside the church but in many other ways. Love, Mom