Friday, December 12, 2008

I Am Thankful


I wanted to let everyone know that our little Chloe Brooke is doing great. She does not have cystic fibrosis. All praises to God! She is healthy, thriving, beautiful, and we have no reason for worry. God has been so good to our family. He gave David and I three beautiful, healthy children who are the light of our world. We are so blessed.

As we were waiting on the results from Chloe's sweat test, I was praying continuously. I felt sick and anxious. I believe I was more nervous this time around than I was during the first test. As I was praying, I kept asking God to show our family some favor, just one more time. Then the light came on and I realized, God has been showing me favor my entire life. I am blessed to have God-fearing parents. I am blessed to be a part of a large family. I have three terrific brothers and two beautiful sisters. I have been blessed with wonderful parents-in-law, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, nieces, and nephews. I am blessed with an extended family that prays and supports each other. We have countless friends who have greatly encouraged us. God has blessed me with a fabulous husband, who has been my rock through all our ups and downs. God has given us three beautiful, healthy children who drive us crazy, keep us young, and still are the light of our world. We have food, clothing, our health, and our home. While its true we don't have all we want, we have everything we could possibly need. God has shown me favor in more ways than I had taken the time to realize. So, I am thankful.

As the New Year began, I made my to-do lists for 2009. At the top of my list is to make God my top priority. I want to count my blessings every day and say "Thank you, Lord." My heart just swells thinking about all the wonderful blessings God has in store. And, yes, after the roller coaster ride last year for our family, I'm a little timid to think what this year will hold. I have no idea what trials or tribulations may be coming my way, but I am confident in the fact that I know the One who holds tomorrow, and I know that He has my best interests in mind. So, this year above all else, I want to be thankful to the good, Lord. Saying thank you in everything, good or bad, knowing He is using it all to mold me.

To each and everyone who reads this blog, thank you. Thank you for your support, your prayers, and your encouragement. I pray that God blesses you and your families throughout this new year. Remember always: Life can be hard, but God is still so good!

No comments: